Friday, September 16, 2011

No Guarantee of a Job After Graduating?!

   Through the Austin American Statesman website, I ran into an article, "Graduating to the ranks of the unemployed?".  It's quite interesting and worth to read.  I believe it all relates to a lot of Americans and especially to us students. There's so many career choices to choose from but how do we know which one is most beneficial?  In my case, I've always heard people tell me to find a passion and make it into a job.  However, in the back of my head, I always tend to ask myself- what if that doesn't pay enough?  Students strive to be the best through many competitions with each other.  When we actually succeed, standing on stage with a diploma in hand-  there's no promise that we'll get the job that we truly desire.
   In the article, it states that many business students are looking for a job after graduation.  There's only two reasons why I think people would go into business: 1) Money making and 2) Passion.  However, we're never guaranteed a job.  Even some of the students at the University of Austin are delaying their graduation in hopes of seeing the economy recover.  Hopefully, our nation will recover and unemployment rates will decrease...Then people who actually earned the job, will get one.  Only the fear of being unable to land a job of your degree stands in the way...especially when you've worked hard for it.

No comments: